Thread: Crunchyroll Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note
View Single Post
Old 2016-01-22, 06:32   Link #53
SamCurt

Earlier this thread I mentioned the KZ universe was inspired by a very old light novel titled KZ Shonen Shoujo Seminar; now Kodansha published a novel titled KZ'Deep File: The Blue Pearl Knows by no other than Hitomi Fujiomoto, which I suspect to be a book of this original series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Ahh so it wasn't just a little while later for him to appear. He was gone from the show for a month, but in the novels, it was over a year in real-time?

I admit the team's attitude shift towards him is odd. I like it when they didn't like him, but they like Aya, but she likes him. Just cuz, you know, it's funny.
Well, The Egg Hamburg Steak Knows was released on November 2011, while The Valentine Knows was released on December 2013, so the novel readers waited for 25 months for Sunahara to appear for a second time.

Speaking in-universe time... Egg Hamburg Steak was about when Aya first entered middle school, and Valentine, well, is around Valentine's Day, so the difference in in-universe time is about 7-9 months. But then a whole 16 novels (and ongoing) have been written when the cast are seventh graders...

As for the attitude change, maybe they overheard what Sunahara told Aaya in episode 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
What were they doing with that letter for Sunahara BITING it off beeing unsuspicous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
hmm? I think they just wanted him to post it or they were going to, but he bit off the part with Aya's name so no one would know it was her.
The letter was passed along other delinquents, and he was forced to put that on the train station's bulletin board, but he bit off Aya's name to maintain her honour.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote