Thread: Crunchyroll Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
View Single Post
Old 2016-01-30, 15:15   Link #107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But you say this because this is the only version that we know.
Yes, and this animated version is great to me, so I don't see any problems. I mean, I'm already satisfied by it (so far) like Ufotables' adaptation of KnK or WIT's Shingeki no Kyojin.

Quote:
And the characters being properly presented, if you don't mean it in an on/off model sense then it's again not a studio issue but a writing one.
I do mean it in a visual way.

Quote:
At what time?
When they are working on the anime. Didn't they do it in the studio?

Quote:
(I'm not sure how the publisher comes into the picture.)
You said it yourself: "usually the publisher that pays most of the costs and calls most of the shots"

Quote:
The director has also worked on a bunch of shows for other studios, the head writer, the episode directors, the animation directors as well... They're not DEEN exclusive staff.
They were working with DEEN, and some people like to simplify that by mentioning just DEEN as an "umbrella" to cover the entire team in casual comments without any intention of being disrespectful to anyone who has worked on it. Again, you can't expect commenters to list all the members' names of the team in casual short comments outside of a (mini) review or essay or something like that. Mentioning just the studio is their way (aka. shortcut) to thank all that's involved.

Of course, there are (many) ignorant people out there like you said, but not all of them who only mentioned the studio's name are ignorant.

Quote:
But you don't know more either... The adaptation is in fact good, but it's selling the entire creative team short (including the producers, for that matter) by making it sound like it's all thanks to DEEN as if the people working on this show all belonged to the studio.
See my answers above.