View Single Post
Old 2016-03-04, 20:05   Link #17
BWTraveller
Born to ship

All I can say is that I have heard major news corporations openly admit that their purpose is to make money before anything else, including questions of bias. It didn't sound like this journalist was looking to make stuff up, but he WAS looking to catch anything ugly he could find as evidence of the corruption he knew "had" to be there. From what I've seen there is a certain degree of bias to make the news more "interesting" through a bias toward the negative. It might not always go all the way to "doom and gloom", but there certainly seems to be a tendency to try and make things uglier and more dangerous than they really are, unless they're REALLY ugly and dangerous. I'm not saying that newspapers are always trying to make things as horrible as possible, but there certainly seems to be realistic precedence for assuming that some journalists for major companies might come in with the initial assumption that anything that makes the SDF look good and noble is highly likely to be faked to hide how bad they are.

This could also be an assumption based on the situation. The Empire may have invaded first, but that doesn't change the fact that the SDF is an alien force that has seized control of a part of their territory; it wouldn't be all that strange if a lot of people thought of them as evil invaders.

One things sure, I hope this all finishes before that one general's ideas of setting up criminals disguised as soldiers to commit various atrocities. It doesn't matter if they could account for every single soldier's whereabouts at the time of the crime, the stink of a supposed murder, rape, or other act of violence would be almost impossible to wash away.