View Single Post
Old 2016-03-06, 00:10   Link #262
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I don't see how that is of any relevance to people who are not interested in actually reading (or otherwise experiencing) the source material.
It does, especially if you don't want a particular director or scriptwriter to "butcher" another adaptation by putting stuff that's (1) not even in the source and/or (2) making things too fast or too slow. (It still depends on the viewer on what's "too fast" or "too slow", but there are cases that even the other staff find the pacing as "out of whack", for example in Mahou Sensou.)

Quote:
And I also kind of agree with monster as well in the sense that, a lot of times, these comparisons aren't really as interesting to anime-only viewers as the source readers posting them think they are. A lot of it can be "inside baseball" as best, and actually irrelevant to the anime viewing experience at worse.
To be blunt, that's their problem... or rather, it's a non-issue most of the time.

And I don't think it's fair to assume that only the "sourcegnostic" people open the topics about technical stuff. These things appear usually when Urobuchi or Mari Okada or Yamakan is part of the staff, but some other lesser known staff people are usually talked about too but don't have their own threads for discussion.

Quote:
I think it's find if they're under appropriate spoiler tags and kept short. Where it gets tricky is if posters start having lengthy conversations, which would then fill the thread with spoiler tags.
Unfortunately, that is the lesser evil in the choice between "Berlin Wall of spoilered text" and "spoiler Chernobyl". You really can't do anything about that, but at least it's conveniently hidden and you can scroll past it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote