View Single Post
Old 2016-03-12, 01:36   Link #1041
Soverence

I don't get why so many people are disappointed with the teacher being the killer? While everyone said it was easily predictable, which it was, before the reveal a lot of people thought that the predictability was a red herring because its a common writing tactic. Once it was revealed that he was in fact the killer everyone acted as if they never had any doubt. The way I personally see it is the author tried to hide the solution in plain sight by making it obvious which is something a mystery series never does. In hindsight it seems like a weak mystery cause it was "obvious" but before the reveal the obviousness of it threw so many people off and made them believe it was in fact someone else.

I could be over thinking it but I feel it being the teacher was really well done. Satoru never suspected him because he admired him and saw him essentially as a father figure which was something we as the viewer also got to experience. That image made it harder to get to the idea that he was without a doubt the killer. I think Satoru says it the best, it was so obvious we just couldn't accept it.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote