View Single Post
Old 2016-03-21, 14:43   Link #1319
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
You know what Arya said set me off to be wondering how much do the kids now grown-ups understand about Satoru's incident. Correct me if I'm wrong.... what's interesting is that Satoru never force it to anyone (not even to Kenya) that Hiromi and Aya were supposed to be dead but saved by Satoru's prevention plan in the guise of a make believe detective game. This is a deviation from the known fact of Kayo's case where she was on the receiving end of actual abuse and seeing real threat to her life. When I think of it that way, it is not a far out thought that Hiromi isn't feeling as indebted to Satoru as we feel he should be.

Kenya is a different case, because of how much he was involved as Satoru's sidekick. And because of his abnormal intuition even as a 11 year old, he might have gotten a different read of the situation with Satoru's incident after having heard and not fully believing Satoru's "detective stories" when he was told of it before. The way he seemed to be upset when leaving Satoru's ward seem to suggest that he has more than one foot in to trying to seek an answer for this over the years. Also reflecting the above that Hiromi was not together with him and Sawada, so Kenya might have it as a personal endeavor and not have involved his peers.

And yeap, Sachiko is still alive so in there opens up the future that should Satoru survives this timeline over Nishizono/Yahiro, there should be lots of opportunity to make up for what's lost and show his love for mother.
We have seen Kenya with Sawada discussing about how they have waited for Satoru's awakening for 15 years, and how "there's no need to be impatient".

We know from the normal timeline that Sawada has spent his life trying to catch the serial abductor\killer of several young girls throughout Japan. That shouldn't have changed, with the only exception of Kenya who is working with him now.

I think it's clear that they believe Satoru has witnessed the man they are looking for with his own eyes at the time he was almost killed. And since the killer has quite an evident preference for girls, they probably concluded that the only reason he was almost killed is because he actively interfered with his plans.

When you consider all that I think it's safe to assume that Kenya believes Satoru was right when he thought that Kayo, Aya and Hiromi were possible targets. At least one of them must have been, from his perspective.

Whether Hiromi is truly aware of this is however another matter. It depends on how much Kenya decided to tell him, but even without that, Hiromi is certainly very grateful to Satoru for all he did for the sake of his wife.

As for Aya Nakanishi, she probably knows nothing.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote