Thread: Crunchyroll Ace Attorney
View Single Post
Old 2016-04-03, 01:07   Link #110
Yamada II

Episode 1
First of all, this looks like some low budget neko. Seriously, A-1 should have made this at least look good. The artwork is so low quality. And this is an anime adaptation of a popular game franchise here. I expected A-1 to at least give this some better visuals.

Obvious crappie visuals aside, it didn't feel like they were dealing with a murder case with all the mostly failed jokes flying around. I would have preferred if they had kept a more serious atmosphere throughout, or at least till the end of the case solving part – you should be serious here because you're dealing with a murder case, which is not something to be taken lightly.

Naruhodo feels like a kid on his first day of school rather than a man on his first day of work as an attorney. They should have at least had him hold his bag in his hand. What grown up wears his bag like that?

The case solving part was okay I guess. It was all ruined by the half-baked visuals and completely unnecessary comedy they added.

This was not a good first impression at all. I'll give it a few more episodes in hopes that they put their act together and get a bit serious. Maybe then the crappie visuals could be overlooked.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote