View Single Post
Old 2016-05-03, 09:48   Link #452
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Thanks for the interview translation karice.

Just a recap though, what was the reason for them reverting back to a 30 episode segment nowadays? It's interesting that he was adamant keeping the hour long block 5 years ago, but since last year they reverted to half an hour. I remember there was a discussion about it, maybe something about focusing on movies? Now that's the next thought process I would love to hear about from the man himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Okada Mari haters BTFO.
LOL. I personally love her (I don't think you'd find a bigger Okadafag in this forum than me XD), but she is still human. M3 was a financial disaster last I heard, and the Okada Gundam only selling 10k units is a bit weak compared to SEED and 00 (though to be fair Gundam TV hasn't broken 10k in at least 5 years).

What's interesting though is that he made this claim on the month that AnoHana started airing, and shortly just after seeing Fractale/Wandering Son released to dismal sales. Like at first I thought, "Eh, he was just saying that, going along with AnoHana's blockbuster success" only to review that the interview published on June. So yeah, I'm glad his faith on Okada was rewarded, even though her Noitamina track record then was 0 for 2.

Man, this talk of Macross Frontier and Okada in the same interview just rekindled an old longing of mine. Sure there's an Okada Gundam, but melodramatic love triangles within the backdrop of a space opera would've made a great Okada Macross. :'(

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote