View Single Post
Old 2016-06-16, 03:53   Link #27
elroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by patcan3609 View Post
Comparing this novel with ZTJ is not a very good comparison. I enjoy both this novel and ZTJ in that the atmosphere is peaceful and the enemies are believable. As for story progression ZTJ is more about choices and the growth of MC's character while Jiang Ye already had an experienced MC in life. The romance in both novels are amazing and while some of you may think ZTJ lacks romance, that is clearly not the truth. I wont be spoiling much about ZTJ but Jiang Ye actually has a lot of tension for romance. Nian Qe in one of the chapters of the 200's comes to like another girl who is one of the world's beauties that he met in his expedition but he chose Sang Sang over her which I found to be very admirable. Sang Sang isnt ugly like you all claim her to be, she's merely malnourished before stunting her growth as one of you mentionned before and that is fixed during the latter half of the story.
Not quite. Theres many times in the novel that mentions her to that way. Part of the reason her appearance is that way because of the reason u mentioned while another involves a major aspect in later half. Regardless her appearance is at least below average. There's one part that involves the couple being hunted by almost the whole world and Ning Que was protecting her, some people at first thought he was bewitched by her but when they saw her they acknowledge him as a real man instead because he surely was not fighting for beauty

both ZTJ and JY are great but i kinda prefer JY more because ZTJ is way pace is much slower (nice to read in a go but not as fun if need to wait for updates ) as author spends a lot time for the situation and atmosphere, and it is a bit harder to read as the writing style is more old or tradition chinese style (not sure how to describe it but u should get what i mean)
elroid is offline   Reply With Quote