View Single Post
Old 2016-07-09, 08:18   Link #44
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Episode 1
  • The art is completely horrible. Everyone has sameface and weird lips.
  • The MC is interesting but his personality can be very easily used for annoying ecchi hijinks. Let's see which way this goes. They could have shown the MC feeling up the klutz medic but did not so that's a good start at avoiding that already.
  • The redhead female protagonist is annoying and very typical "kuudere warrior" character. She is there to keep the MC in line and will slowly start to fall for him, the usual story. Also going by the OP she is using swords? Why would you use swords against GUNS? LN Logic I guess? But seriously.
  • The loli is annoying(is she a loli? I can't tell with this art style). Hate royalty who is dumb and naive and has to be looked after by smarter people.
  • The rest of the cast is quite typical and generic. Typical comic relief fat guy, clumsy klutz "moe" medic, typical MC rival-friend. The usual tropes
  • Was fearing we'd spend the show with them in the "magic school" training to be soldiers but so far that has been avoided.
  • The setting is unclear and strange so far. It seems you have this empire and this republic who are for some reason at war and the republic wants to conquer the empire or whatever. Is the island they are at the start in part of empire? Maybe? How do the Mc and the redhead know each other? Is MC's story to the klutz medic about being orphan true or is it just a pick up line? What kind of exam were they going to before crashing? Why was a princess of a country without any sort of guard army? Is the setting steampunk or medieval? Too man questions and no answers so far, so it ends up being confusing.
  • Makes no sense they would have traveled this close to the border during wartime, btw. Really not sure how or where they were sailing to crashland in enemy territory. I guess the island they were in was by the border considering that throw away line by the random people the redhead was talking to? They should have made it clearer.

So far interesting, hopefully it improves.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote