View Single Post
Old 2006-06-15, 17:41   Link #42
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
Okay, let's think about it for a second. First of all, if these drugs offer only short-term benefits like soldier pills, why would Sasuke be taking them during his training? There wouldn't be any point, and he didn't know he was going to get in a fight until Sai showed up.

If they offer long-term benefits to a ninja's growth, why wouldn't all ninjas use them? The obvious explanation is that they have long term side-effects, but if that were the case then Oro wouldn't want Sasuke to use them either. He wants Sasuke's body to be in good shape for when he takes it, so I don't see why he would use pills that damage it for short-term gains. I just can't see any plausible justification for Sasuke to be doing ninja-drugs.
No the obvious explanation is that Kishimoto doesn't give a damn about ninja-joe which is why ninja doesn't always have a whole set of various pills with them along with poisonous weapons, etc.
But anyway that's also because they don't have a twisted and brilliant medic-nin to develop special drugs and a mad genius developping kinjutsu for fun.
That's like saying that every village should be able to make an antidote to Sasori's poison because if a Konoha ninja was able to do it then there is no plausible justification for them not being able to. Yes there is. They have no Tsunade nor Sakura.
And they have no Orochimaru nor Kabuto either.

Sasuke already took a drug, the Seishingan, to increase the power of the Cursed Seal way back in Part 1. Cursed Seal being a Kinjutsu influencing the body.
And voila you have two examples of drug/kinjutsu used to increase power above natural growth. Nothing new.
It's possible that the supposed mixture of jutsu/medecine Sasuke is experiencing along his training wouldn't make him live very old. Heck maybe he will get cancer in his 30s because of that.
So what? He's already willing to gave up his life and I doubt Orochimaru would remain that long inside a body anyway. He's like Gai, a little too obsessed by youth.

In fact I really don't understand your point. The CS erodes Sasuke's body in the first place, does that mean Orochimaru never gave it to him because he want the body in good shape?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote