View Single Post
Old 2016-08-10, 12:02   Link #222
Thess

Macross Delta's biggest strength is the world building. I think it would have been better to keep things simpler to focus on how they explore those planets but it got overly messy. There are multiple of sides and conspiracies and big bads or bigger bads. Roid, Epsilon, those NUNS higher ups are candidates to watch out, sadly Mikumo too.

Roid is the good person who lost his way consumed by his ambition/ideals/whatever. Newtype description, not even he realizes what he's doing anymore which happens often on 'brainy' scientists. Evil NUNS Seele-style council are your caricature greedy villains. Epsilon are opportunists who take advantage in selling weapons and add more fuel to the fire between those two sides. Mikumo might become a problem because of drama sake before Walkure saves her. You know Woobie Destroyer of Worlds style. Just my opinion because Heinz is obviously not really an issue anymore when Mikumo can overpower him like that.

Keith's pretty obviously going to turn against Roid (probably this will be the game changer Hermann and Cassim were looking for, too, as they are itching to quit this. This would obviously influenced Bogue because he idolizes Keith and looks up Herman, no idea about the twins because they barely have characterization). They even made up a completely new character to speed things up (and from the magazine interview summaries, they are fundamentally different. Keith wants "To fly on their sky" - aka true freedom for Windermere. Roid wants "to control all the skies they fly on" - aka conquest). Frankly speaking, Keith should take responsibility and become the ruler on his brother's place because this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't quit his claim to the throne to fly instead. It was similar to how Alto ran away his home and quit being the kabuki heir, but more dramatic of course... but similar rebellion against daddy stuff. And without a Sheryl smoothing things out for him. Granted, this made me laugh because I had a flashback of a Frontier spread. His insistence to refuse to be a prince and play aloof in front of Heinz allowed Roid to get this far.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-08-10 at 12:16.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote