View Single Post
Old 2016-08-10, 20:48   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

If he was just calling on political power, why just call out the Second Amendment People? Why not call on all republicans? Or the GOP's old standby of state rights groups?
Cause he's steadily losing support among the GOP voters as these polls are indicating? Even Georgia and Utah which have not voted Democrat since the mid sixties are now slightly leaning in that direction. If the Democrats had any other candidate, this election would have been called already in favor of the Democrats. It is Hilary's own flaw which is still keeping this race interesting. I was listening to Washington Journal as I was driving home from work and the topic of discussion was based on this particular Trump comment. I couldn't help but laugh at some of the suggestion by some of the callers that perhaps Donald Trump can make this sort of comments because he was/is involved with shady group of people (mafia and such) in his real estate dealings. To those callers, that is one of the many reason Trump will never release his tax return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I'll have to check the numbers on the senate again, because last I checked, the Democrats in the currently constructed senate can veto a USSC judge nomination. Might have to check again though.
Once a president makes his/her pick a simple majority vote of the Senators present is required for the nomination to be confirmed. If Donald Trump is the president he can get his USSC pick confirmed through the GOP controlled senate without any issue. On the flip side, if Hilary is the president she will face the same obstacle as Obama is facing currently with his pick for the confirmation process. Republican senate majority leader is not even bringing up Obama's pick for a debate let alone held a vote. So yeah, if the Senate majority doesn't change where Republican keeps control for the next 4 years, Hilary can't appoint any Supreme Court Judge even if she is the president of the US.