View Single Post
Old 2016-10-01, 05:03   Link #648
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Please explain yourself, why do you like trump more? Try to be as logical as possible.
Let me try as well. I'll admit my primary reason isn't that logical - it's simply that Trump is interesting and Hillary is boring. It's exciting to see big shifts in the balance of power and how they shake the world.

For more logical reasons, there's the free speech issue. One thing I really like about America is the first amendment rights, and Trump seems to be the one taking those more seriously. For example, the U.S. did a lot to protect the Internet we're enjoying now, but just today it gave up the DNS system...could be a major headache when that is messed with. Would not have happened under Trump.

I like that Trump has the stones to criticize Muslims for their backward beliefs, and don't see that as being particularly racist. Sure, when you do criticize them, you end up getting the support of actual racists. For example, if you were a famous person, went on Twitter, and ridiculed Iran for shit like this, you would end up being retweeted by actual racists saying things like "Yeah, fuck all the sandniggers to death!", and as a result might be associated with that crowd by people who can't see nuance. But that's just the unfortunate nature of social media.

Finally, I think Trump would be okay in foreign policy. Probably won't start any new wars. Seems to be getting along with Russia. The technocrats in charge of China are too smart to be enraged by him. Had a meeting in Mexico and came back without any bullet holes. Even if Trump withdraws military backing from Europe, I'm cool with that. My country is already not NATO...I don't think Europe needs it.