Thread: Crunchyroll Yuri!!! on Ice
View Single Post
Old 2016-10-07, 02:00   Link #39
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
English was my assumption as well.

I watched the episode again this afternoon. Once again, Viktor's expression while watching the viral clip of Yuuri's skating worried me. Viktor doesn't look pleased. He looks as if he feels that he's being mocked. He definitely doesn't look like he's found someone he can nurture into a great skater. I fear he's in Japan to make Yuuri's life miserable in revenge. I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm not, I hope Viktor quickly changes his mind about Yuuri.
That seems quite a huge amount of effort to go just for a petty revenge against a random nobody. He's a world champion. All he'd have to do is answer that Yuuri is clearly only an amateur when interviewed about the viral video and he'd slam him down a peg or two. I think the expression was simply an attempt at misleading the viewers, make it look like he was pissed at the beginning while he actually was fascinated by what he was seeing.
Or maybe it's a bit more complex than that and he has a second purpose in that he wants Yuuri to provide a foil to his own Yuri in order to promote his growth through rivalry.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote