Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2016-11-06, 18:19   Link #4483
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
See, I certainly HOPE that writers are aware of what they wrote here and don't see it as there being nothing wrong with Sun's behavior here.
Pretty sure they are, what with how Blake reacted.

Quote:
Sun/Blake was already on it's way out in Vol3 with pretty much zero screen time or interactions, so it would have been easy to just write it off as a crush that disappeared. The fact that the focus point of Fall of beacon was Blake and YANG facing Adam while Sun was reduced to shouting some lines at Ruby being an idiot is already pretty telling. IF they wanted to kill the pairing idea, they did not need a whole plotline for that already. Dragging it out to do it now is baffling.
Something being on the way out doesn't mean it's dead, and Blake and Yang being apart this season means that their ship loses focus, and that always gives folks ideas.

The writers wanting to kill the ship is a reason for them writing Sun acting so crappily this episode. Can't really think of another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think I'm starting to get it.
You're really, really not.

Quote:
Ruby's alleged ptsd
She's having recurring nightmares of the time her friend died in front of her. What about that is alleged?

Quote:
and now suddenly Blake is a stalking victim
Did you perhaps miss Adam and Blake's interaction last season, or Blake and Sun this episode?

Quote:
... Are you even capable of viewing girls in anything other than a victim role, despite the fact that most of the asskicking in this story is done by said girls?
So because people can kick ass, nothing bad can ever happen to them? They can never have issues?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2016-11-06 at 18:31.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote