Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2016-11-07, 02:40   Link #4493
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Allow me to quote another RWBY fan on the subject of Sun.

Quote:
Sun is loud and friendly and a little clueless. He takes an interest in people and genuinely cares about them, but he looks at everything through his own world view without necessarily taking other people’s feelings into consideration and as a result he can come off as sort of obnoxious. He’s a big stupid sweetheart. Does he want to help? Absolutely. Does he know how best to do that? Absolutely not. This is what makes him a good foil for Blake, in that he absolutely doesn’t get her at all and it results in hilarious misunderstandings that are totally harmless but still drive her a little crazy. Certain people are taking that cluelessness as malicious in some way, and that’s how we’re getting this weird misconception that he is “abusive.” People think he is willfully ignoring Blake’s wishes, when what is actually happening here is that he legitimately doesn’t get it. He doesn’t get that Blake might want to go on this personal mission home by herself because his life’s motto is that “You should always get friends involved.” He just sees his friend putting herself in a sad and scary situation alone and wants to support her. He doesn’t understand why she might not want his support because it clashes so much with his personal world-view. He always has Blake’s best interest at heart, but sometimes he goes about helping her in a way that just kind of irritates her.
He can be annoying and obnoxious, but saying he is abusive is making a mockery of actual abuse victims everywhere.

Adam is abusive and crazy and doesn't actually care about Blake's well being.
Sun followed Blake despite her wishes because he does care about her well being, even if he honestly can't understand Blake's reasoning.

Does he display some stalker traits this episode? Yes, that is why she justifiably berated him,
but are you honestly telling me he only followed Blake for selfish reasons?

You are also making large logical leaps in assuming he simply stalked Blake for six months instead of figuring out what ship she would be leaving Vale in a ship and stowing-away on it.