Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2016-11-19, 23:51   Link #2018
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry to say that this episode exceeded my expectations. I knew I would dislike it, but not to this level. I don't know how some can talk of Satoshi being his "usual" self. He's acting even more immature than normal (which is really saying something), as is Pikachu; several times I found it painful to watch their behavior, something I rarely had to say in XY and XYZ. On top of that, the way they're drawn makes them look much younger which is also a put-off. It's rather disconcerting as well to have some areas where characters and behaviors are completely normal and standard while others are either bad or just changed in discomfiting way. People may have harbored a lot of dislike for the last couple seasons (which I strongly disagree with), but those seasons seemed to put in some effort to appeal to a broad range of fans, with art and stories that could appeal not only to small children but also to older kids as well, approaching though probably not reaching "shounen" levels. While there are some aspects with promise, much of the changes seem like they were made to focus on the youngest kids to the exclusion to the older ones. But then that's just me.
Agreed on every count. (though i hated XY and XYZ didnt massively improve. I found myself watching this and laughing (not the good kind). Seeing Ash ride Sharpedo one of the more brutal Pokemon is one thing. The lack of common sense is a whole other matter. The only slightly good thing is it appears as though they havent done the massive reset in Pikachu's power level that they typically do. It also appears as though there will be no Team Rocket which i dont completely mind. However there are also so many things that make zero sense about the episode

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote