View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 04:05   Link #75
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Then why are you shitting on Gundam franchise in general by saying this?:
And you brought up Macross II & Zero which are definitely OVAs
They are in parenthesis for a reason, you know. I'm giving examples of negativity in Macross period for general purpose. Notice how Delta is the only blip in said list which is a TV series; and because I'm arguing TV series here, said list should tell you Macross has one over Gundam even if I'm not directly saying so straightly.

The main portions of my arguments here are on TV series. The fact Macross has mainly blips on OVA tell you its TV series shine (besides Delta). And arguably, if you do feel its necessary to talk about OVA, Gundam does win; for movies, Macross again wins (with Do You Remember Love?, Plus' movie edition, and Frontier's two movies knock out all of Gundam in a heartbeat) because all of its movies have been genuinely received positively.

Regardless, I'm not talking about this anymore because it's time we moved on the discussion (because it's a little off-topic for people on here even if this is a genre thing which is related to Macross in general...)

@KongaKonga: We are, and this is a forum, not a Skype chat so we're allowed to discuss this new series with our own additional ideas or theories of why it's coming in general or what it's for. These are theories, and mine is partly added onto the fact people are questioning if the mecha genre is dying; and since this new Macross is announced within less than a year from its prior TV series (no movie/OVA like prior series' in the franchise), it's a red flag that it'll likely be competing in the genre against Gundam for title of the king of the genre (possibly); and it's a speculation that, while there is little information on the new series, holds water right now.