View Single Post
Old 2017-02-01, 03:58   Link #3214
Hiro Hayase

Reading 198 in English again, that love seemed more one-sided than I thought it was. Hibiki practically wanted Lime for her party and to become a sort of emotional support (love interest). Lime just saw her as a good companion while wavering haha... party zoned.

Lime is very wise declining marriage with Hibiki. F*** that! LimexGorgons and LimexPower.

Hibiki honestly has a very privileged and spoiled outlook, furthermore she wanted to be teleported and become a hero despite not trusting the B.S. story of the BUG. Then after losing Naval, she's become a more revenge driven character. Honesty is not a characteristic I would attribute to Hibiki, manipulative like a politician is more like it. I think she's spoiled and pitiful since she agreed to the extermination of the demons half-heartedly, then once someone she knows dies, then it becomes personal. What was she expecting when she agreed to the BUG's request?! Her role really hasn't changed much from Earth, in both worlds she is an actress.

Here's a reminder about Hibiki's powers of charisma being enhanced by the BUG. Also she was lacking true friends on Earth and agreed to exterminate the demons half-heartedly like an afterthought. Charisma is a passive skill, unlike Tomoki's charm.
Spoiler for From Chapter 30:

Hibiki actually likes being special and unique. She thought it was all like an RPG game. Then again, I don't feel much pity for her afterall. Hibiki got what she wanted and more in the bargain called "war." Who can she blame for that?

Spoiler for From Chapter 30:

The reason why the other gods like Athena, Shiva, Susanoo liked Makoto was because of his effort. He slowly accumulated the attention of others by working hard. Remember he was supposed to die early in infancy or be a stillbirth, but he gradually gained strength as he grew different from both his sister's circumstances. Where he got that mysterious technique to double his mana is still a hug question mark though. However, Tsukiyomi was most likely inclined to give Makoto a chunk of his powers because of his character. Tsukiyomi did observe Makoto for a period of time and was impressed with what he saw as expressed in his parting words.

Komoe really looks like the love child between Tomoe and Makoto imo. She has Tomoe's sharp wits and Makoto's gentle demeanor when she's not serious. Although Makoto spoils her more to the jealousy of Tomoe.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2017-02-01 at 04:44.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote