View Single Post
Old 2017-03-07, 23:48   Link #64
Mugen26

My thoughts on episode 9: It's the beginning of the A-21 arc in the anime, and it starts off on a relatively good note. I'm a little iffy on this part of the story but it serves it's purpose to introduce some more fun elements to the series. Here are things I noticed:
  • The opening segment of Takuma getting upset by the crooked tie was quite memorable to me. Sure it's the side effect of the TI-971 drug, but it's some serious OCD and showcases how unpredictable and short fused the boy is.
  • It's always cool to see more Mirthril missions. I question why Sousuke is using an M9 instead of Arbalest though. It's guess it's because it's still new to him so he uses the standard SRT equipment. However you think he would want try getting used to the Arbalest.
    Spoiler for Later story plot point:
  • People like to point out how b****y Kaname is in this episode, but Sousuke sure didn't exactly help when he forgot about her meet with her. To girls, especially high school age, getting stood up is the ultimate sin.
  • Kalanin is a bad mofo. After getting severely injured from shielding the captain with his body, he still had the balls to say "I'm your enemy" when asked who he was by Seina and crew.
  • Kaname really lets Sousuke have it, but she's the type to explode like a volcano and then come to her senses, as she feels bad for going off on him. Especially after his gift to her. Motive aside, it was still a nice gesture.
  • This is the first time Sousuke and Tessa interacted on a personal level, and it's a superb scene right off the bat. Tessa doesn't take long to warm up to Sousuke's stiff personality and already playfully teases him, much to his confusion lol.
  • There are still hints to Sousuke's human/male side as he gets a bit sidetracked after Tessa starts using his shower. It's most likely because of the heavy situation at hand, but something tells me there's a small part of him that regards Tessa as being similar to his female classmates after their chat.
  • The ending has to be the most memorable part of the episode. Sousuke is glad about Kaname apologizing but quickly understands the complexity of the situation wouldn't sit well with her. And Tessa is sly too, coming out with nothing but a towel. She knew what she was doing lol. Poor Sousuke! How will he get out of this one?

Overall a solid start to the new arc. 8.5/10

Last edited by Mugen26; 2017-03-08 at 00:05.