View Single Post
Old 2017-03-11, 07:50   Link #176
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
"Stretching arms" (and other stretchy things) are a legitimate animation technique. Have you not heard of "smears" before? They emulate they motion blur the human eye perceives on rapid movement. The "blur" frames often involve the stretching and/or doubling of certain parts being animated.
Fair point, but my point still stands: an animation flaw that can only be spotted by freezeframing or slo-mo isn't something to worry about in my opinion. It'd be nice to have awesome animations for a game, but it's a good thing that good games are made of of more than just animation - hell, Mass Effect as a whole is pretty much built on games with passable animation and the occasional flaws (the one time I saw Tali perform an Exorcist head spin on me was hilariously creepy), but I've had three games and other similar RPG's to not mind them at all.

Everything I've been seeing about this is makes me excited to play it especially in the gameplay and combat department, and it's looking to improve upon the elements that Mass Effect 1 had - the large-map exploration, crafting systems etc. - that ME2 and ME3 cut out entirely. I'm not letting a little animation niggles stop me from enjoying that.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.