Thread: Crunchyroll Sangatsu no Lion
View Single Post
Old 2017-03-20, 18:18   Link #387
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Am I the only one bothered by the age difference?
It's not that big of a difference. She's just entered her third year of junior high and he's entering his second year of high school. She's going to be turning fifteen at some point in the near future and he's just turned eighteen. It's not such a big difference really.

Quote:
Eh... I don't think that many people are interested in pro shogi...
They may not care about shogi, but I'm pretty sure they care a lot about TV, and probably a few care about the maturity of a guy living on his own and paying for his own stuff. To some high school students, simply having regularly appeared on TV makes a person a "star", so he'd have at least a few people looking up to him for that. At the very least, he'd have a gap bonus since they thought he was an otaku who flunked because he spends all his time at home playing games when he should be studying, and they'd be finding out that actually he's a working man who's decided what he's doing with his life and already made great success in his chosen field, and he came close to flunking because it's not easy to have a career and go to school at the same time. This would be somewhat impressive to them if that's what they knew at the start, but to find out that they were completely wrong about him adds some extra power to the realization simply by the contrast.

Quote:
He may well have more disposable income than the rest of his class combined... That alone could make him "popular".
Indeed.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote