View Single Post
Old 2017-05-02, 23:55   Link #3040
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Implying they give a damn about whether she lives or not? She's 100% dead. Since the author had no qualms killing her off screen, I'm expecting Annie to have been eaten now too. Probably by Mikasa, because why not.

I do agree that this perspective shift is stupid. Like, the story is somewhat interesting and I don't mind knowing it, but it shouldn't be taking the place of the main story. This should be an omake in the volumes or a side story printed alongside the main story. I can only imagine this is being done because the author isn't quite sure where he wants Eren and the rest's story to go.
Geez, people on this thread get whatever chance they get to complain for the sake of complaining and always assume the worst.

I'm pretty sure we're going to get a flashback of Ymir's death in the coming chapters and it's not like she had much lifespan left or did you completely forget about the whole 13 years for shifters adding in the fact that she couldn't activate the "jaw's" true ability. Annie is still incased in crystal so her being eaten is out of the question (not to mention whether or not the 13 years is still in effect when she is incased in crystal) and I honestly believe she is going switch sides to Eren and the Paradis Island Eldin characters. Giving what was revealed about the Ankerman clan this chapter Mikasa (and Levi) are already Titan-like.

So only THREE chapters qualifies as hijacking the story for you? A scenario explaining and focusing on something that the story has been building up to for the past 80+ chapters, and features post-introduced characters, Reiner and Zeke, and the successors to inherit the Titan powers such as Colt receiving the Beast Titan from Zeke who only has one year left. See, this is what is most irritating about a fanbase, when they judge a complex deep story with many subplots before it's even finished and have no idea where it's going, the same annoying thing happens to other big jigsaw puzzle stories like Kingdom Hearts, One Piece and Bleach (whose fandumb caused it's decline and downfall). You seem like an impatient person who can't take the monthly perspective of a manga still being released in pieces and prefers binge watching, if you can't take it trying waiting a few months.

Honestly the only time you should complain about an unfinished series is when it's a non-complex, ridiculous simply story that's just another part of a ridiculous clichéd fad that is clearly going nowhere and has the same boring repetitive formula going on for the past few seasons (which are way too long), takes itself WAY too seriously, was far longer than it needed to be, has characters that have become increasingly unsympathetic and unlikable that you stopped rooting for for quite a while ago to the point where you're rooting for the apparent bad guys and just wish they would kick the bucket already, like a certain AMC series that I refuse to name. Or a certain 4-movie planned remade Gainax series whose first two movies were great but third movie went back to the same pointless psychological BS that the original series devolved into because of a unstable director.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote