View Single Post
Old 2017-05-09, 07:01   Link #325
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... it has done literally nothing different from ViVid. Even the realism and grievous injuries happened in ViVid before Strike! ever got its hands on it.
Except such injuries (shattered ribs, smashed legs, a 10 year old smashing and audibly chrucnhing
her classmates etc.) didn't happen in Vivid since there they are protected with Crash Override (which emulates injuries) while in Strike I don't think there is any protection going on during the Winter Cup. In fact during the Vivid the only actual injury was I think Harry breaking her own arm willingly to escape El's binds? The rest even when they are KOd, they aren't hurt more dazed and knocked nonphysically out. Even Chantez who was splattered by Victoria didn't really suffer any physical injuries but was more given a bed to rest and recover stamina and mentally. As far as I remember.

It's not as dark as Force, but it is a considerable departure compared to Vivid.

Hell a person I know once remarked that Strike looks like as if the story about two friends reconnecting through martial arts tournament IRL was fist written and then as an afterthought somebody decided to rework it into a Nanoha/Vivid extension. Which explains why it's the least magitech of all the settings and some elements of the lore are missing or were reworked. Like everyone getting Adult Mode transformation, Berlinettas driving GMC Jeeps, no protection for child competitors from injury etc. etc.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote