Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll My Hero Academia Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2017-06-03, 10:54   Link #439
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I realised that my stance on this loss is slightly different from Uraraka's. So I tried to think about why this is. Maybe the difference here is that Deku wasn't being pragmatic at all? Making it feel like he wasn't in this to win? Even though he was? I don't know.

Maybe I'm just inspired by the fact that he ended up putting more value in saving Todoroki than in defeating him.
I would have thought more credible if Uraraka beat Bakugo than if Deku beat Todoroki, frankly. Deku's Quirk is completely imbalanced, right now. This episode was absolutely awesome, but in a way the fight itself stretched my suspension of disbelief more than Uraraka's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or he'd have won by just spamming ice attacks until Deku had jelly for bones.

That's what I don't like about Deku. It's one thing to sacrifice himself because lives are in danger. It's another to do so to win a mere school event. And think of the position it puts his opponents in.

The thing that is even less understandable is actual adults endorsing this behaviour of his and not reprimanding him. Hell, in general, the way they encourage these kids to fight to near-death because they can be healed anyway and keep putting pressure on them makes it look like their concerns for their safety are only a facade. This is not supposed to be an SAS training camp, it's a high school, even if for superheroes. But yeah, obviously shonen logic applies. In many ways this would make more sense if these were all young, 18+ people but not kids.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote