Thread: Licensed Princess Principal
View Single Post
Old 2017-07-09, 20:32   Link #19
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure they were risking much though. He was under constant surveillance and would likely remain watched even after defection. If he was going to turn on them then he'd be killed. If there's no chance of that information getting out then there isn't any unnecessary risk being taken. In fact giving him juicy information was a good test. Be hard to resist reporting in at that point.

And really it allowed for good character moments in this episode for them to go this way. Gives some insight into Ange and yet still shows her intelligence. Even checking on the sister was partially used to confirm suspicions she already had. And even if the brother hadn't reported in when he did those suspicions still would have been turned in to her superiors. Honestly I think the only thing that guy had waiting for him even after crossing would have been an intense interrogation.

If I was aiming for a believable spy story. I probably wouldn't check out the show with magic technology, battle maids, and sword use in an age with firearms.

Really good first episode. The setting was set-up well, a good emotional first episode, and just shows how messy things can get. No surprise, but definitely not fun and games being spies. A lot of blood on their hands.