View Single Post
Old 2017-08-03, 22:55   Link #2990
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
You probably could write it to justify if he knew actually where it didn't feel too off. You'd just need some good enough reasoning or if he found out and decided to try and run with it.

Eh, I don't know if I'd ever count it so high as I've got too many issues. The central one being that the Zero Requiem is actually really dumb if you actually start thinking about it. Just because he portrayed himself as the worst person ever isn't going to mean the end of war and whatnot. I think he even acknowledges there are probably better ways to do this, but he's just suicidal at this point so he does it this way. I just couldn't take it seriously.
Oh no, no. I completely agree with you. Logically, ZR makes little to no sense and using it to create world peace is a big stretch. However, what it did right was get you, as the viewer, completely invested and when you finally saw it all unfold and saw Lelouch go down in the manner that he did, you can't help but feel overwhelmed by it all. Also, the placement and choice of music they used for the scene and aftermath really helped set the mood for the scene and boy, I'm not gonna lie, but I cried when it all went down.

Basically, R2's ending wasn't meant to be a logical resolution to the world's problems, but rather, was more of a farewell to the viewers and relied more on emotional impact rather than actually trying to completely and effectively solve the problems. In this regard, that's what made it an amazing ending and you only truly appreciated it so long as you were emotionally invested in the series.

Tbh, if Lelouch hadn't gone through with ZR and actually joined the United Federation of Nations for real instead of turning it into a hostage situation and forcing a war, then maybe, he could've worked towards achieving long term world peace as a representative the other 1/2 of the world powers. (Kinda funny how Britannia, even after surrendering all the territories they annexed, was still powerful enough to be considered more or less equal with the entire UFN charter)

Realistically speaking, Lelouch as emperor of Britannia would've benefited the world a lot more than the temporary peace he managed to establish with ZR. But, that'd be too boring for an ending, wouldn't it? So they opted to end it with a bang. haha
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote