Thread: Rwby
View Single Post
Old 2017-09-04, 13:36   Link #5136
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

So I guess I was 100% spot on on Ilia's characterization in volume 4 and analysis of their encounter there, heh.

Either way this short was hella gay in a lot of ways. I guess it could be usual RWBY bait but it could also be a set up for Ilia having had feeling for Blake and thus exploring/establishing Blake's sexuality(even though equating being LGBT with being in a romance seems weird).

Still not liking how menagerie looks. Way too tropical-resort-y for a third world poverty-stricken indian-reservation-style area. I would have expected harsher conditions, poorer quality of buildings, more people(and no expensive stylish clothes). Instead it seems to be a tropical resort with a castle in the middle. But alas that's one thing they can't undo/fix anymore.

Still the show NEEDS more exploration of faunus struggle and racism against them, because "violence is always bad" is not gonna cut it. That's not how it works. Show the actual injustice and struggle of which WF is symptom of and acknowledge that an actual faunus right activist organization IS needed.

Here's hope Volume 5 gets back on track and fixes Vol4 misgivings and mistakes.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote