View Single Post
Old 2017-09-30, 20:01   Link #8
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: I'm caught up with the manga and am now on episode 10 (will watch it soon) of the anime. So I need to ask: is the manga completely different from the anime? And can we consider the additional info about the Gods of Destruction in the manga as canon?

I also read the Dragon Ball Z manga to the end recently (I had to stop before because the site I was reading at didn't have some of the chapters in the Cell Saga or around there). I'd thought Gohan couldn't turn into a Super Saiyan anymore after turning Mystic, due to the anime and what people had been saying. But in the manga, all it says is that Gohan transform into the new form just like how he turns Super Saiyan. Nothing was said about him not being able to turn Super Saiyan. I'm glad I read the manga.

Anyway, I heard that Goku adds the power of Kaiouken x40-50 to his Blue form. It puts a lot of stress on his body, though, so hopefully he can find another way to make Blue more powerful. It's too bad that they seem to not be able to use the Super Saiyan 2 or 3 versions of Blue because then there'd be no need to rely on the Kaiouken. Gohan's lucky because he can use the Mystic version of Blue.

Speaking of the DBZ manga, I noticed that the Old Kaioushin from 15 generations ago gave Goku his life and then said he'd only had 1,000 years left in him anyway. And he also said something like going Super Saiyan (maybe talking about just Level 3) will shorten his lifespan, or something along those lines. And it's also possible that using Super Saiyan Blue shortens his lifespan, too. So I'm kind of worried. I hope they can fix this. I wonder how long he'd have had left to live normally, if he hadn't died by being caught up in Cell's self-destruction explosion? What's a pureblood Saiyan's normal lifespan? I hope it's mentioned at some point.