Thread: Licensed UQ Holder!
View Single Post
Old 2017-10-10, 15:30   Link #101
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Okay, people. Once again.

Manga-based discussions are never allowed in anime threads unless they are for comparison purposes to what's already been shown. I removed 3 posts for breaking the spoilers rule.
Discussing an adaptation without mentioning the source material is practically impossible. I have no objection against removing stuff out of the spoilers box, but I've just had deleted posts with spoiler marked material, which is highly unfair in my opinion. Once material is spoiler marked, no one can be blamed on whether is seen or not but the person clicking on it.

Taking away altogether the comparison points between the manga and the anime makes for a completely context-free, clueless and frankly poorer altogether discussion, and doubly affects those who were familiar with the source material and want to discuss the changes between them, which once again, is of no harm whatsoever to the rest of the board as long as it's properly spoiler marked. It's lowering the bar for criticism and praise of the adaptation issues, which become necessary to debate since the series doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's an adaptation of previously existing material and must be treated as such.

UQ Holder adds a whole level of difficulty to this by the promotional material and seiyuu list, well, already doing what you have forbidden from doing here, that is, jumping ahead to future comparison points with the manga. Anyone with working eyes and a mild interest on the series has already seen those images, know what they mean in the context of the whole franchise, and trying to push the genie back into the bottle is pretty much pointless. While I do agree for the sake of newcomers non-spoiler marked discussion of future plot points even as comparison marks must be forbidden, the nature itself of this adaptation and its presentation, as dictated by the creators themselves, makes such comparisons all but necessary for the proper analysis of the series' structure buildup. Surely a middle of the road compromise can be reached, because otherwise there's not much of a point on analyizing the series as what it is, an adaptation.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote