View Single Post
Old 2017-10-22, 05:26   Link #18
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
After three episodes, I'm disappointed. I thought this might be the series that finally does otome adaptations right, given the high praise Code:Realize received, but it's falling into the same pitfalls of too much emphasis on selling the males (which it's doing quite poorly) and neglecting the heroine. Once again, the writers don't seem to be trying, and cheap marketing trumps telling a good story. Guess I should have followed my instincts about how the adaptation would turn out after seeing Harada was handling series composition. I'm debating whether or not to continue this, lest it ruin the game.

For the time being, it looks like Kahoko still remains the only well-adapted otome protagonist.

Yeah, but it's an anime adaptation of an otome game. That alone should already lower expectations to well below average.
Kahoko was alos lucky because they had 24 episodes to do it. I'm still enjoying this anime since it complements the game but yes, I do see and agree with the problems with it so far. Cardia is one of the few MC that stands out far above other MCs in the otome game genre and arguably even above heroines in other genres yet they are very slow in expressing her personality so far with this adaptation. At the very least, it's now starting to show in this episode but we're already 1/4 through the anime... I'm worried...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote