View Single Post
Old 2017-11-19, 16:40   Link #15
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Oh ye revered mods, I beseech your mercy for triple-posting, but since the thread hasn’t seen much activity since a while, I decided to break the interdict to introduce something new.

So...after much debate, I finally opted to buy AC:O in spite of the concerns posed by the Denuvo+VMProtect discoveries. My computer, though aging, was able to run Syndicate without too many issues...and seeing how they have comparable hardware requirements, I told myself it shouldn't be that bad. I eventually forked the money and got the Gold edition, which includes deluxe packs and the Season Pass, which gives me access to the two future DLCs. Granted, it's pricey, but since ancient Egypt was a childhood passion of mine and this is going to be my last game-related expense for a VERY long while (>1 year, as I have vowed), I can write this as a one-off.

Behold the following walls of text! Despite their length, they do NOT constitute a full, in-depth review, just a list of remarks, observations that come to my mind when playing. It doesn’t cover the full breadth of the game. You'll occasionally find curious statements about my progress - just know that I had started writing this piece from Day 1 and gradually filled it, so there ARE some passages that were jotted down while I was at level 9, and others when I was at level 35. I apologize for any confusion that might arise from my shoddy writing method.

Note: click on the screenshots to enlarge them.

SPOILERS FOR ALL AC GAMES AHEAD!

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

VERDICT: a homerun for Ubisoft, but keep an eye on your hardware.

POST COMPLETE.

EDIT: I'd like to amend a few things I wrote in my previous posts ---
Spoiler for 2 things:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2017-12-30 at 06:15. Reason: Added remainder of the "review" + some amendments
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote