View Single Post
Old 2017-11-22, 13:06   Link #1336
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Did you mean the Innovator War? Didn't you say that ELS remain neutral in that war in the past pages? If the Federation is demilitarized and war is obsolete, how can that Innovator war happen? What do they use to wage war other than Setsuna's ELS Qan(T) & Tieria's Raphael? Do they use those Sakibures to battle?
Also a good time to mention that the ESF Army was really really gutted at the start of the movie compared to what we it was during Season 2 where there was a total of 1000 GN-XIIIs and 100 Aheads in the entire government arsenal. Final Mechanic book gives us some detail I recall of the fleet comparison in the movie.

========

The Innovator War happened relatively soon after the movie (which took place in 2314), so the ESF was more or less still armed. In fact, it was a rebellion by minority Anti-ELS/Anti-Innovator faction in the ESF Army.

A Gadelaza piloted by a Pseudo Innovator was involved in that war on the Anti ELS side. We also saw GN-XIV equipped with Core Fighters, since many pilots died in the ELS conflict and it was used for better survivabilitt.

The part where there is no more war on Earth and demilitarilization was more far into the future, around the movie epilogue's time in 2364.

There is supposedly another war after that too, that Setsuna fought alongside Billy's son but I say supposedly because I'm iffy about the sourcing or the way the translation was presented to us. It noted to have come from the novelization but I recalled something about the translation or the way the info came to was that was made me suspect so I don't speak with 100% confident of it being true. I'm not saying it isn't true either but I like to add this caveat when I mention it.

I was never able to get to the bottom of it. Might need to check J-Wiki and see what it says. One of those times where I wish we can just get the actual page itself and have someone look it over.