Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-01-22, 08:46   Link #303
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But if they don't have fuel then they die, right? I won't say the fact that they screwed up the world was right, but at this point they're locked into it. So at that point its not a matter of good or evil, it's survival.

Unless a third solution/alternative energy source comes up then you'd have a situation where the main characters are turning their backs on humanity. There's no refuge for them to if they do and none of the Klaxosaur have showed Sapience enough to relate to. I don't think the show call pull that off based on the information we have at the moment.
It would be really an interesting twist if the klaxosaurs end up being the sort of good guys in this, or perhaps even that there is some sort of other group of humans out there that are fighting our current faction and are related to the klaxosaurs in some way. Because the way things are going, I highly doubt that mindless mechanical beasts are going to be the real villains of this series. There is usually a lot more too it, with a lot more twists along the way.

Also, I'm not sure if they are also going to go with a FF7 angle here where by trying to use this source of energy, they are effectively killing the planet, and the klaxosaurs who call the Earth home as well, are trying to save it, before whatever they are doing to the magma under the crust, blows up the planet or something.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote