View Single Post
Old 2018-03-01, 07:56   Link #495
marvelB

Volume 88 releases this week, so it's SBS time! Credit goes to various folks around AP and other forums for the info:

-The mink tribe's "garchu" greeting comes from the Nepalese तिमीलाई माया गर्छु (Timīlā'ī māyā garchu), meaning "I love you". And on the subject of minks, a reader asks if Carrot and Wanda's chests feel furry or smooth. Yet another reader wants to "garchu" with Nami.... yep, wouldn't be an SBS without the pervy stuff.

-Someone is curious about another of Big Mom's daughters, this panda girl:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Oda introduces her as Boire, BM's 19th daughter. She's the twin sister of Galette.

-On the subject of the Charlotte family, Oda gives us some more misc. info on a few of them:

Quote:
C. Perospero
333cm
Favorite food: Candy
Least favorite food: Peppermint candy

C. Cracker
307cm
Favorite food: Biscuits
Least favorite food: Kimchi, carbonated drinks

C. Smoothie
464cm
Favorite food: Smoothies
Least favorite food: Meat
-This is particularly interesting: According to Oda, Katakuri was NOT born with his pelican eel-shaped mouth! Apparently, his mouth developed that deformity as a result of eating his food far too quickly (so quickly that others are unable to actually see him eat!). Looks like Oda is even considering adding that nugget of info to the main story at some point....

-Yet another bit of Charlotte family info: The birthday of the eldest triplets (Katakuri, Daifuku, and Oven) is November 25th.

-Looks like Doflamingo is being held in level 6 of Impel Down.

-Here's another real interesting one: Oda makes his own list of the nationalities and occupations of the "worst generation" (excluding Luffy and Zoro) if they were in the real world:

Quote:
Blackbeard

Job: Archaeologist

Eustass "Captain" Kid

Job: Weapons dealer (Apparently, Killer shares the same nationality/job as Kid)

Trafalgar Law

Job: Doctor

Capone "Gang" Bege

Job: Shoe salesman

Scratchmen Apoo

Job: DJ

Basil Hawkins

Job: Interior Designer

X Drake

Job: Zoo keeper

Jewelry Bonney

Job: Pizza shop owner

Urouge

Job: Hostess club manager
-Big Mom is 8.8 meters tall (roughly around 29 feet). But while Oda notes that makes her taller than Whitebeard (did we ever get his height? I forgot), she's still not quite up there with the average fully-grown giant, whose heights reach 12 meters (about 39 feet) at the minimum.

Lots of fascinating trivia this time around! Looks like Luffy will never be friends with Smoothie if she hates meat, heh. I'm intrigued by that list of real-world jobs for the worst generation, as well.... I especially like how Oda alluded to his previous statement about Blackbeard's interest in history by making him an archaeologist. Somali is an interesting choice of nationality, too (it does make sense though, what with the piracy and all). But I otherwise find myself most amused by Urouge's profession! A fallen monk, indeed! I'll be sure to post any more cool info if it pops up!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote