View Single Post
Old 2018-03-11, 03:43   Link #22
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_ View Post
After failuring once again in his own specially focused arc, I seriously dont think Sanji belongs in Monster assault trio anymore. He has become more of a planning man like Usopp. In fact Robin seems to hold her own way better than Sanji nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, after all Sanji isn't really a fighter, he is a cook.
I think it would have been a better turn of events, if he used his skills to prepare a snack for Luffy, which made the captain recover immediately, so Luffy could fight his way out by himself.

However, Sanji is also a victim of the storytelling… if his plan to run with Luffy would have gone smoothly, the Germa had no further use, so the author had to let Sanji fail.
I just don't get what people were expecting Sanji to do when he was outnumbered by an army. Charlotte Mont -d'Or proclaimed that even if it was Gold Roger he wouldn't be able to escape from that island. People seemed to dismiss that right off the bat but the sheer number of forces on Cacao Island right now is starting to resemble that of the Summit War (obviously minus the Marines and about half the size of Whitebeard's forces).

Unless Sanji had some master plan, his plan of rushing in to get Luffy and then rushing out in the sky with Geppou was the most effective; there was no better strategy considering the resources he had. Sure it failed (because the Big Mom pirates are no pushovers (with Rokushiki being more widespread than expected), but what else could he have done? It would be too unrealistic (for One Piece) for Sanji to show some dominance in that scenario. Hell, even with Germa 66 there it will be touch and go for them to escape.

Sanji won't get his proper 1-vs-1 fight this arc but I'm still clinging to the belief that he will have one defining moment before this arc is complete. Too many things are unresolved for him character-wise in regards to Pudding (where is she, what did she do) and Judge (what's under his helmet); he's the only one left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, Chopper was the one to beat Brulee which was arguably the turning point of the whole arc.
I'll give you that but even Pedro and Carrot did more than Chopper in this arc.