View Single Post
Old 2018-04-01, 06:36   Link #2689
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Otaku Expo 2018 (day 2)

Hi there, first convention report for 2018. This one happened last February 4, so you can say that I'm very very late again. Sorry, a lot of things happened. ><

Anyway, let's start. I arrived there after lunchtime.
First thing to do is buy a ticket.

Time: 2:30 in the afternnoon
Place: 5th floor, inside megatrade hall 2

First cosplayer pic is Geneika cosplaying as Chitoge from Nisekoi. I like that anime, so I guess it's lucky to find a Nisekoi cosplayer just after arriving.

Erza Scarlet cosplay by Angelica. She is the sister of the Nizekoi cosplayer. Saw them both near a stall.

Walking just a little more, I see some Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayers. Well, perfect time, there's a new season of CCS right now.

Ysmi as Sakura Kinomoto, Ash as Tomoyo Daidouji, Nami as Meilin Li

Neji Bee as Ibuki Mioda from Danganronpa

Next is Jhendell cosplaying as "sweet lolita" costrip. Well, she wrote the sweet lolita on my notebook, so it's just right to say it here. :>

Let's take a look at some items in the stalls.

The stage.

Next cosplayer I saw is Anna. It's a cute costrip. On my notes, she wrote "al most Luka Megurine". Well, she does look a bit like Luka. **

Well, let's walk around and explore some more. ^^

You can't buy me, but you can SQUEEZE!!! - it's what's written on le pillow. Touched it. Really soft.

Some more items

Love Live banners?

Swords and video game area.

Next pic is Aira, cosplaying as Ruby from Mobile Legends

Dani Cabrera as Ene. I like her smile, so cheerful. ^^

Stayed a long time inside. So let's go outside a bit.

Time: almost 3:30 pm
Place: hallway of 5th floor

Saw two cosplayers at the hallway. Amber as Krul Tepes from Owari no Seraph, and Sophie as Kon from Tokyo Ravens. Both are cute csoplays. I guess it's a good thing I went out.

. .

But then.. I had to go back to inside megatrade hall.

Place: inside megatrade hall 2

Saw a friend inside. Rijin cosplaying as Shinoa from Owari no Seraph. Did not expect to see her, but seeing friends is always a good thing. ^^ -

After a short chat with Rijin. I went back to looking at the items on display. Plenty of Love Live. @_@

. . . .

Hatsune Miku (bunny version) by Kris Joan. Kawaii version of Miku, and she has some nice keychains on her bag too. ^^

. .

Saw some tables at the corner of the megatrade hall. There, some people are selling their stuffs.

. .

Nickname of seller is Yukihiru, told me she drew most of the stuff that she's selling. I bought some of the Umaru. :3

. .

There is another megatrade hall open where cosplayers can gather. Let's go there.

Time: almost 4 pm
Place:megatrade hall 3

First one I saw is Elly, cosplaying as Taiga. Well, Toradora ended a long time ago, but Taiga cosplayers will always be here. ^^

. .

Rin Nohara cosplay by Misaki-chan

Ok, in my notes it says she is doing a costrip of "Earth-chan". And her nickname is Hubiji-chan. Anyway, it's cute. ^^

. .

Next, found another friend. Snow Miku cosplay by Kikumi. The last I saw her is 2014 - I'm surprised she still remember. She also told me that they had an all kinds of Miku photoshoot earlier. Hmm, the bunny Miku I saw might have been also a part of their group shoot.

. .

Luisa cosplaying as Kanna Kamui from Maid Dragon. Really funny anime, this cosplay made me smile. ^^

. .

the airconditioning is not very good in megatrade hall 3. Hard to breathe if stay here too long. So let's go back to hall 2.

Time: about 4:30 pm
Place: inside megatrade hall 2

Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay by Eli

. .

Easier to move around megatrade hall 2 because the air is cooler. I see two more cosplayers. Reia as Rem from Re-Zero, and Janna as Nico Yazawa from Love Live. Hmm, first time to see this version of Nico-nii, and Rem cosplays ar e always good. ^^

. . . . .

Bia Chi cosplaying as 2B from Nier Automata. It's a game.

Getting a little tired now. Let's go back one last time to megatrade hall 3.

Time: almost 5 pm
Place: megatrade hall 3

Saw another friend. Camille cosplaying as Electra.

One more Love Live cosplayer. Kotori Minami (police version), cosplay by Aryl.

. .

And sa one more friend. Did not expect to see people that I know in this convention. Aire Xie cosplaying as Mordred.

. .

Ok, that's it. I'm about to fall down because the aircon is not very good here. Have to go out.

Time: 5:30 pm

Feeling tired but let's take some more pics. Can still keep going!

Allyson cosplaying as Hanayo from Love Live. Well, told me she does not have the wig right now. Well, still looks ok as a costrip even without the wiggu.

. .

Let's go back inside megatradehall 2 to buy some souvenirs. :3

Place: inside magatrade hall 2

Name of the shop owner is Jay. I bought a bear from this store. Going to use the bear as a present for someone. ^^

Next store is MUGI CHAN STORE. I bought a Dia Kurosawa pillow here. Name of owner is Aris. Well, I'm gonna show the calling cards of the stores later in this report. The owner here is also very nice to give me a free japanese magazine, thanks sir Aris!

Then here is another store filled with plenty more Love Live. Unfortunately, I have no more money. So let's just take pics.

. .

Kyoko Okitegami cosplay by Mary. It seems this character is from a manga. Could not understand very well what she's saying, because I'm already very tired at this point.

Yuriana Ashley cosplying as Odette from Mobile Legends. This is a good armour cosplay. Saw her near the stage, so it's possible she joined the cosplay competition. She is also with her mom. Always nice to see parents who are supportive. ^^

Now, did not expect to see this. A cosplay from Neptunia anime... glad I did not go home early. Loren cosplaying as Noir from Hyperdimension Neptunia. @_@

. . . .

Alsto tried taking a few more pics of Odette.

Time: past 7 pm

Let's take just a few more pics before going home...

Maria Ross cosplaying as Kotori Minami (awakened maid version).

Found one more Kanna cosplayer. Smaller than the first one I found. Just kidding. XD

Kanna Kamui cosplay by Angelica

And one more Rem.

Rem cosplay by Juran

For some reason I wend inside to window shop again. And there took last pic of the day. Sorry, this one is blurred because my hands are tired. Angelica doing a Ram costrip. Yeah, she has the same name as small Kanna.

Goodbye OE 2018. Maybe coming back again next year.

Pics taken at home:

The Dia pillow from MUGI CHAN STORE. Aris told me that it will automatically inflate when taken out of the sealed plastic.

Free japanese magazine that I received from Aris.

. . .

Also got this from MUGI CHAN STORE

An Emilia mug. Sorry, cannot remember from which store I bought this.

. .

Umaru, and calling cards of various shops that I visited. ^^

. . .

Photo from a friend:

Note: photo not shot by me. Credits goes to the photographer.
My friend Mel also attended Otaku Expo, and she cosplayed as Luka Megurine. Well, but was not able to meet her that day. Anyway, got this photo from her to share here.

Mel cosplaying as Luka Megurine - kimono version. This is her first cosplay for year 2018.

Well, that's all. Thanks for reading. ",)
Not sure yet on what con to visit next. Got sick, so I was not able to attend Cosplay Carnival 2018... anyway, I' will report any convention that I would visit next month.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2018-04-12 at 06:31.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote