Thread: Crunchyroll New Gegege no Kitarou
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-13, 14:55   Link #44
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
This was a brilliant episode, at first I thought it was maybe Kitaro teaching that guy a lesson, but it was so much more than that. A real 'actions have consequences' moral tale for the times we live in.

Quite wonderfully spooky.
yeah when the plot twist come to me i get the "sixth sense" vibe here, that episode caught me totally offguard, specially after the anime being all "shounen with battles" having a episode like that totally focused on the "villian" and the mc plaiyng the "background character" like that was not what i was expectating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
The third season was more kids friendly, it introduced an upbeat and heroic Kitaro instead of the gloomy and harsh Kitaro from the manga. However the 4th season was more faithful to the manga version of Kitaro.

It was a good twist knowing both of those character were dead from the start, I wonder if that girl and her friends will stop bullying the other girl in school. It was spooky how Kitaro warn her about her bullying action. Sadly this is all he will do to stop the bullying.

Speaking of which, I hard about hardcore DB fans bashing Kitaro before airing Just for replacing Dragonball Super..
So, how does Gegege Kitaro look now compare to Dragonball Super? Considering how DBS was heavily criticized for its writing and Gegege Kitaro does seem to have better writing, character and story.
if you go back to previous episodes even if they where a little dark with death, they still somehow "shounen standarts with "battles" but this episode was totally focused on the villian and kintaro was pretty much a background character just watching over the shit boss getting his punishment by others tham himself it was like "watching another serie" compared with previous episodes.