Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-23, 11:33   Link #3177
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Well, obviously it's not possible at the current state of technology, but neither is building giant robots that fight powered by teenage horniness. What's your point? It's sci-fi, it's based on the hypothesis that sufficiently advanced technology exists to do those things. I'm talking in terms of "what if", I know it's not going to happen today or tomorrow.

Emotions totally have only brains. That is literally where 100% of your thinking goes on. The heart is just a pump, full stop. You can argue that the rest of the body produces hormones and stuff, but in the end, the important part is when they arrive at the brain and interact with nervous receptors. So if you were to simulate said receptors, you could just simulate the arrival of a molecule of adrenaline without a real body producing adrenaline.

There's some ideas concerning "embodied consciousness", but frankly I find them very unconvincing. At least for humans, whose neurons are mostly concentrated in the brain. There's an interesting book I just read on octopi which touches on this topic, since octopi actually have a more disseminated nervous system, with each of their arms "thinking" independently when it comes to solving small problems and the central brain coordinating them all.
they don't had that techonology otherwise the "brainwash" could not fail and they are aware of it's fail, it's exactly because they don't have that tech which they want to get riddle of it.

And to be honest is more easy to "make a mech" than create a perfect "AI" which can emulate a human, because all you need to do is create a "robot" operated by humans, take much less effort do it, just look at nowadays robotic and drones, again you are comparing two totally different things where one just need to "keep evolving what we already knew and the other we need to "first learn" how everything work before we can try to replicate it.

The level of technology need to do what you want is something really too far way for mankind which pretty much take at last "some centuries before we can get something really close to it.

And again even if they where able to do you not gonna be really human anymore but rater a new race, because what we are is what make us humans, in the same way what a dog is what make then dogs, that is how "races are", what they will are doing is just create a new race.