View Single Post
Old 2018-06-23, 22:39   Link #5912
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Goddamn Sweden, I don't understand how you get the instant equalizer right after the break and foul someone right next to the goal area in the last 5 seconds of the game.
Just sheer inexperience, I guess. That Swedish side has little to no experience on such a big stage.

On the other hand, Germany started the match by replacing most of the names I wanted to see gone after the Mexico match. However, one needs to explain to me how they can be that bad at the back. It was as if there was no actual defensive leader out there. If anything, Germany relied on their attack to find the goals... but what a free kick by Kroos that. It was one of those moments when you have to say "take a bow, son."

On other matches, I was expecting a much better finish from South Korea for all the times they entered the Mexican final third. However, it seems that no one knows what to do there except for Son Heung-Min.

As for Belgium, they could definitely have scored a few more goals if Romelu Lukaku wasn't injured. That team along with Croatia are well-oiled machines at the moment.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote