Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
View Single Post
Old 2018-07-12, 18:50   Link #71
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I remember even in Log Horizon no one was willing to venture out of Akiba because they didn't want to die. It was only after someone managed to die and confirm the resurrection system that they finally started stepping out again.

Anyway, it's a little funny that a guy who'd played the game until he maxed everything out wouldn't know the name of one of the major nations' royal family. I recall in the novel she actually introduces herself with an entirely unconvincing assertion that it's only a coincidence that she has the same name as the royal house, leaving her identity completely obvious from the start.

On a different note, I wonder if the trepidation toward death extends to the monsters too. In games monsters naturally charge at people and try to fight, and they naturally respawn after a little while. In this world there's no respawn, and I sort of wonder whether animals with such suicidal recklessness would really survive long enough to mature and build strength. Could be a double-whammy for adventurer level there: the adventurers are afraid to get in risky battles that could improve their levelling efficiency, and the really mature and strong monsters are smart enough to avoid unnecessary conflict, requiring the adventurers to travel even deeper into dangerous areas to find anything. No wonder 30 is "high" for them.
Didn't think about it, but I kind of wonder if that is the case as well. If the monsters don't just generate out of nowhere they might not be nearly as aggressive or high leveled themselves. They may also lack a motivation to be overly aggressive. The demon lord sealed in Rem isn't around to scare the adventurers into taking action nor rile up the monsters to attack constantly. Clearly there is still a threat level since adventurers exist at all. But perhaps not too risky.

No doubt that plays a role in the magic system itself. Being a summoner like Shera or being archers like the other elves might be a more popular occupation for anyone that fights. Why take a risk in fighting on the front lines yourself. Get something else to fight for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I was kind of happy inside the part where the Demon King and the Guild Master did the handshake.
As he never shook hands with someone before.

And being called one of the companions meant a lot to him.
Even in the game he did not have anyone to be calling him their companion.
While his level might not have any room to increase it's nice that he does have other areas to grow. Even if he's trying to stay in character little things like shaking hands probably did require effort on his part. And a kind of nice two way street with his companions. They absolutely need him to help with their personal goals. But building connections with people is incredibly valuable to him.