Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Goblin Slayer [Fall 2018] Anticipation
View Single Post
Old 2018-02-22, 02:44   Link #46
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGo-er View Post
TBH tho, getting 2 volumes adapted in 1-cour is pretty much a luxury for LN now when the norm is like 3/4 volumes in 1-cour nowadays. We had 1 volume per cour adaptation like Rokka no Yuusha for the latest one but that didnt do so well on sales. But then, we also had 5 volumes crammed into 1-cour like DanMachi which did quite well for itself (mostly for Hestia but still).

Just saying that if that's how you're putting up your standards, you're putting yourself up for a disappointment here.
After falling in love with the story and the manga as well, I don't want to see it get short changed. I know some sacrifices will have to be made. But I'm really nervous about this one.

I really want this to do well and get a comparable amount of attention that other great anime adaptations are getting. I hope the staff and White Fox are on their A-game.

Ideally, I want this to do well and for the Year One manga to also get an adaptation.

Quote:
I am pretty sure High Elf Archer, Barrier-chan, Cow Girl and Guild girl can check their stats. Just because they let Demon lord destroy world few times, doesn't mean they can't read...
They just have a more general casual way of doing it. In the Goblin Slayer world you can "level up" and train to get more miracles or do more magical spells in a day. They just don't call it leveling up. Characters all have special classes and such. They have special items that give them abilities or have different attributes just like in video games and they are described in a similar way. It's just done in a way that's makes it more built into this fantasy world. Like Priestess is able to cast I think three miracle spells a day. I think Dwarf Shaman has about 5-6 depending. So they all have stats, limits and attributes like in RPGs.

They simply don't have those magic status plates that usually show up in isekai stories. Instead of like a telepathic HUD menu, they have those magical status plates that show them everything. Or in DanMachi, they have it on their backs that can be accessed using magic.