Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Zombieland Saga
View Single Post
Old 2018-10-12, 01:41   Link #58
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Wow... where do I start?

When I first clicked play on episode one, I was fully expecting a zombie survival anime with cute girls and comedy. The first time I saw anything about it was a gif of their headbanging. I thought, "What in the hell is going on?" No context whatsoever. So eventually I picked this up expecting what I'd said before.

As soon as I got the camera position of Sakura running towards the street, I knew exactly what was coming, which didn't diminish the shock of it, ultimately. Death metal kicks in and I'm wondering what the in the living fuck I'm about to watch. It sure didn't disappoint. Perfectly timed comedy, balls to the wall voice acting from Miyano's VA, and a premise that had me wondering if I wasn't suddenly living in the Twilight Zone.

I'm absolutely hooked by these first two episodes. The production value seems great. The premise has promise. The characters are fun. There's almost nothing to dislike about this show on my end, which has me really excited, because I've not watched a series in a long, long time that had me eagerly awaiting the next episodes like this one has.