View Single Post
Old 2018-10-12, 19:52   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So the details are a bit thick but the gist of the situation can easily be summarized as - "God's Right Seat, an organization within the Catholic Church, is using an artifact known as the Document of Constantine, aka. Document of C, to change public perception against Academy City hostile."

Like most if not all of Index's material are based on real world history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

Quote:
The Donation of Constantine (Latin: Donatio Constantini) is a forged Roman imperial decree by which the 4th-century emperor Constantine the Great supposedly transferred authority over Rome and the western part of the Roman Empire to the Pope. Composed probably in the 8th century, it was used, especially in the 13th century, in support of claims of political authority by the papacy.
As for the episode, I actually like it better now that they're getting into the thick of things, even the hi-jinks have been toned down. Although it's been awhile since I've seen this particular story but it does seem like it's progressing quite fast. Also we're finally seeing the global trotting aspect of the series since they first visited Chioggia in Italy last season. One of my favorite parts of Index is how global the conflict gets.

Looking forwards to the "Fires of Science" next week.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2018-10-12 at 20:04.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote