View Single Post
Old 2018-12-20, 22:10   Link #5
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

No Game No Life. First Thoughts

Beginner

So, finally, I made my mind to start watching No Game No Life in response to having watched the prequel film beforehand around nine months ago. However, I do want to enjoy the experience with this anime without having to cling to movie, so I'll try to keep comparisons in-between both materials to a minimum.

For starters, to me this is a breath of brand-new, fresh air for someone who is acquainted with game anime such as the likes of Yu-Gi-Oh! (TOEI show, Duel Monsters, and GX) and Duel Masters.
The point around the whole show's premise is how to make the most fun out of the gambling experiences in the games. It isn't much about Shiro and her onii-chan winning every game and bout, but on how they exert their creativity at coming-up with original tactics and solutions given now that Tet has granted both of them all the creative freedom their NEET hearts could crave by transporting them from Earth into Disboard.
In addition, the gist if I'm attempting to discern Shiro and Sora's gameplay is at getting their opponents to react in a manner both step-siblings want their enemies playing right into their gaming world.

Although I'll be put off by the fanservice for a while particularly Shiro's, I can hope to grow out of such icky feelings by the time the real games at Disboard begin to get serious with the bets hoping that the story gets good as soon as possible.

Last edited by Guido; 2018-12-20 at 22:33.