View Single Post
Old 2019-01-22, 05:05   Link #12597
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post

I am a big collector of higurashi stuff, I am trying to identify the yellow book in this picture. I do not have any other source for this picture, since it was an auction that ended, the picture is just too blurry. Maybe someone has that A.I gigapixel program or just better at noticing what the characters are.

My collection, light novels start at the 2 min mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY-ADDED-TEXT
EDIT1: That is a very awesome collection. While you likely don't need me to confirm that; I would like to remind you "AH!" You actually already have that book, I think (Youtube @5m52s at the top left corner?); I had only looked at the novels around the mentioned time after doing the search and identification; so on full review I can retroactively note it is very likely the Bunko version is there (not sure about the older TJ Mook version but they should be 'effectively' equivalent. Links I provided are mostly regarding Bunko, but some are Mook. -- Do check your collection if that one is accessible and let us know as I think the spine should confirm for your own collection.
It was a bit too bury, though I thought maybe the imprint logo or cross referencing your list with internet to try to find a more complete list might work. Not quite a Super Dash Shueisha logo and wasn't fully sure, kinda looked like「百」(but darker on left is bad) really can't tell for blurred kanji as there others close (spoiler: it was 名), but 9 characters total, maybe a fu or ke... duno, so some digging around..

I believe you're looking for:
・Title: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル
・Publisher: 宝島社文庫 [文庫](Takarajimasha Bunko)(wiki(jp)|wiki(en)|site)
・Released: August 5th 2008 (per publisher's site)
・Page count: 205 (vs 113)
・ISBN: 978-4-7966-6572-8 (search-result-details)
Looks like it contains character intros, original art/scenes, and some staff interview questions. Seems like a revised printing, where a Mook version was revised and renamed from『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』TJ MOOK to your Bunko version. The Mook version may be listed as associated with「07th Expansion」in places whereas the Bunko as with「別冊宝島編集部【編】」(publisher's re-edited version). Thus, neither is in the List of Higurashi novels english wikipedia (not listed); but the Mook version is in the japanese wikipedia entry (see below).

For a TL;DR (ie. a bunch of images in one place to quick confirm this is what you're looking for, see this ----> imgur link <---- further below; and the section directly below for Publisher & 07th Expansion's official product listing pages.
Some Japanese Online Store links are also below, and a couple English based Stores, did not search all or proxy services.

Official Publisher/Creator Book info Page:
・Your book: ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル https://tkj.jp/book/?cd=70657201&path=&s1=
Search for both books (includes the original, TJ MOOK version).
Official 07thExpansion page listing both Bunko+Mook ISBN and details.

Quick note about wikipedia listing (of Mook version):
TL;DR…
wikipedia(jp) lists Mook(magazine+book) version but NOT your revision
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NOT to be confused with『ひぐらしのなく頃に 名場面捜査ファイル100』which has a black spine (with the caution tape theme cover), and a magazine number 66483-22, whereas the Bunko just an isbn. And some doujin novels (not doujinshi) listed elsewhere for future reference, though the book you seek is official+comercial.

Confirmation notes to keep in mind:
Your source picture shows:
・Spine: Bright Yellow; with Green top border.
・Obi: Red; with white text; black lined logo.

Quick online photo examples (ie. confirmation of spine):
***Many of these sample images pushed to imgur in one place for convenience. ***
・Has a Dust Jacket (otamart(en) product page samples, one of inside pages) (.webp image format!, converted images are on imgur link above.) I'm not familiar with this site.
・A bunch of misc auction pages/photos at Mercari.com
・... more images if you search for title or look at store pages below.

Some online store product pages (image/info) references:
TL;DR…
Japanese/English Store/Marketplace pages (for image samples/verification/purchase)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

For Reference:
・Regarding the term (Mook)(ムック)(Magazine+Book: Magazine-like that stays in circulation longer.
Wiki(jp) | Wiki(en). English wiki have english articles that go into details.

I'm also a fan of higurashi but have not gone to collect any commercial books; even if you decide you don't want that specific book, I hope that it eases the concern over what it was, and that this helps with your quest!

Last edited by anime2004; 2019-01-22 at 07:50. Reason: (watched whole youtube video!)
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote