View Single Post
Old 2019-02-10, 02:45   Link #6826
Shippuu
┐(-。ー')┌

Is there a reason Negi presumably can't do all those fancy Black of Venus transformations and summons and is stuck with only a single Raiten Sōsō transformation? Aside from them clearly not existing in Akamatsu's mind back then.
Poor Fate, that was just shameful. But I suppose you were doomed from the start against the might of a Mary Sue. Not even a training montage at Dana's but I suppose there's no more time for it.
It also bothers me how all these transformations have seemingly no coherence and consistency. The wings suddenly look nothing like the more angelic variants displayed earlier, and while Negi turns into an actual demon Touta looks more like a guy in a shitty-looking Dynamis-themed Sentai suit.

The most baffling thing about this chapter perhaps is Touta's power being supplied by Venus. The planet itself? It's civilization? Wait what? How does that work with the White of Mars? Venus may have demon inhabitants but Mars presumably had no life at civilization at all before the Magic World was made with the White of Mars. This is confusing. Does that mean it's not actually Touta's own power? Is he just a relay (his meeting with Asuna seemed to indicate something similar)? And apparently you can just distribute this once-awesome Venus power to all of humanity? Why exactly is Touta the only successful Black of Venus holder if it's that easy?
And no despite what Touta of Nazareth says making everyone immortal, just like making magic public, would be a terrible idea in reality but I suppose you'd have a less interesting story then.
Aside from Touta powering up off-screen it also bothers me that important information like this is also fed to him off-screen.

And vampire Fate finally shows up, though I can't really make sense of his name and no mythology comes to mind.
Now only Juuzou is left.

Last edited by Shippuu; 2019-02-10 at 06:36.
Shippuu is offline   Reply With Quote