Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends
View Single Post
Old 2019-02-19, 17:26   Link #48
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
He was talking about the president. Grea doesn't have an inferiority complex. Her problem is more about feeling ashamed of her dragon blood.

I actually caved in and read some wiki articles about RoB and the Manaria events. I will just say Grea is by no means weaker than Anne.
I don't think Grea has an inferiority complex, I was following on from Random Wanderer's post on that subject with my own related idea that Grea considers herself to be effectively weaker than Anne, without yet having a complex. I base this idea mainly on the card quote from RoB;

Spoiler for Card quote:

Of course this is just a stage in their relationship I hope and expect that Grea moved forward from, but at present it would be hard to imagine from her bashful manner that she has as much self-confidence as Anne (She may well be as strong, but her confidence issues and possible dragon-power side effects effectively bring her strength down).

The important thing, which we can actually see in the series with Anne always taking the initiative, needing to cram much less and so on, is their relationship dynamic. At present Anne is the top-dog to Grea's underdog, the knight in shining armour to Grea's dragon-damsel, the prom queen to Grea's sexy exchange student, the Yang to Grea's Ying, even the seme to Grea's uke, or possibly not...though their relationship isn't so simplistic, and I'm sure it will grow further, these archetypes are part of the explanation for their cuteness.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote