View Single Post
Old 2019-03-13, 18:13   Link #14
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
I am confused, please tell me what harm that Naofumi did during his travels? I would like to know that because there is the reason why he ask for funds for the villagers (good hint is Kaze No Stigma) but I don't see no harm that Naofumi is doing on the road.
I've seen Kaze no Stigma. Shame the author died. But have you ever seen Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and in the very first episode of the second season they point out because of how effective the human debris (as in children who are kidnapped after having their parents killed and basically used as disposable trash) were the number of cases of it happening jumped up dramatically?

Filo being gained via Slave Trader means more people will go to him for monster eggs. That in itself isn't bad, minus the fact that as Naofumi pointed out in the sewers that when the monsters get too much trouble to handle they'll just flush them like that. But Raph was pointed out as a high-class slave, which means they'll be more of a demand for people like her, which means more profit can be gained by selling off her into slavery, which means more people will do the crap that ended up getting her put into slavery and using girls like her as weapons to fight for them. And remember, appearance aside Raph is 10 and Filo is 2 months at best.

It's not his fault directly (I apologize if it sounded like that from me), and as we've discussed at length he had to take a slave to survive at this point (we'll leave out the fact that he could have freed her and the rebranding conundrum) but it's having it's own consequences that aren't being addressed even when he lectures Ren and Itsuki about them being careless when he's doing the same thing inadvertently. The fact that Slave Trader is the one who points it out and it doesn't get so much as a second thought bothers me, because I don't like it when one side chews the other out while doing the same thing.